Tuesday 23 March 2010

is it to be?

Hola, es que sea? Is it to be? I've been pondering on this question for awhile. I've been hearing a lot about who's a vegetarian or not. I've been a semi-vegetarian for quite a few years now. Gave up red meat way before my 18th birthday. People ask occasionally if I ever miss red meat. I pondered on this for awhile, and simply stated "No, I do not." My own parents ask me every once in awhile if I miss it. I know I do not, and I'll never go back to eating it. In fact, at my last job, I had to make about 130 ham and bologna sandwhiches. 
Yes, I made meat sandwhiches. It disgusted the hell out of me. 


That's the last time I ever touched meat products. My refrigerator here at RIT has totally meat-free. Thank god it is not shared with anybody else. I gave up turkey last august after I came here to RIT because first of all it looked disgusting, and might as well because I have no need for it. I had some at thanksgiving and its' taste was outwardly for me. Argued with the parentals about the reasons why I gave up yet another meat product. Such consumers of meat that is in my Irish-American family. 


I currently eat no red meat, nor any turkey. I however do eat cage-free, pesticide free, and RGB free chicken. It's tough being a semi-vegetarian here at RIT. However, most foods here are sandwiches, mainly bread and etc which have been making me sick the past few months. After sunday spent lounging around in bed not feeling good, I've come to realise that I do not want to feel like this whenever it occurs. I'm wondering if its cause is related to wheat products? Another question I have is should (or when) I give up chicken? When or how? 


Hm.. we'll see

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :)