Thursday 21 January 2010

More than a half year later... a new update!

HEY! After a more than half a year's worth of absence from the blogging world .. I've decided to re-join and follow all the blogs I used to follow once again.


I recently learned of a few more blogs that are quite interesting to follow such as Lotte Sofie's blog because she wears her bilateral cochlear implants on her shoulders instead of her ears and running up a long coil. It's amazing how people use their cochlear implants differently yet receive the same benefit of hearing sound like hearing people do.


Don't worry, even though I haven't been maintaining this blog in a long time, I still follow other blogs and read constantly about cochlear implant related news :)


In other words.. I'm back! Haha, let my presence be known in the blogging world.. I hope.


In light of my return, I think it's only fair to update you guys what I have been up to. Summer 2009 was spent in Connecticut doing nothing, and then by August, I had moved up to Rochester, NY to attend school at the Rochester Institute of Technology [RIT]. I got accepted into the School of Photographic Arts and Sciences [SPAS] at the College of Imaging Arts and Sciences [CIAS]. Yes, you heard me. I've ventured off graphic design and am studying photography full-time these days.


My first quarter here at RIT was quite a tough one simply because I knew so little about photography, but now that I've had over 5 months of experience.. I'm loving it! My major still remains in question but I'm sure I'll remain in Visual Media for now.. Who knows? I could change to Advertising Photography or Photojournalism. Time will tell. Even though I'm a second year by credit, I'm still taking first year photo core courses such as Photo Arts 1-2-3, History and Aesthetics 2-3 (1 in Fall '10), and Survey of Western Art and Architecture which is basically Art History -that I already took last spring back in CT but RIT didn't accept the entire amount of credits involved. I'll be re-taking Materials and Processing of Photo 1-2-3 (basically photo science) next year (2010-2011) as it was too tough for me to comprehend my first time around unfortunately (in Fall 2009).


I know that this is such a long post but I haven't been on here for a long time! I also know that come time in the future to find employment, what shall one do with a degree from RIT in Photography? I hope it will do wonders.


Sorry about rambling on school when this blog is supposed to pertain to my experiences with my cochlear implant, but hey, I have some interesting stories about my cochlear implant these past six months living in Rochester. I'll post more later.


P.S. I probably am going to start up another blog shortly pertaining strictly to my photography work here at RIT. It'll probably be full of pictures and whatnot related to the photography world.


Sayonara! -Linds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :)