Those sounds would be: running water, the toilet flushing, the water from the shower hitting the tub, and of course the sound of rain hitting the roof!
Notice it is all water-related? It is because the first time I heard with my cochlear implant outside of the testing room at NYU's cochlear implant center [it was located back in 1995 at the Bellevue Hospital] when I was 5... It was at the bathroom as I needed to go. went to the bathroom. I had to go to the bathroom and my mom made sure I washed my hands. I have hated those sounds ever since! Even today, when I go to the bathroom, I make sure I turn off my implant. It's weird I know, but it is the only way I can cope .. If I don't turn it on, the sound itself is practically unbearable.
As for the sound of rain, it's just annoying to hear drip, drip, drip.. clack, clack, clack [my interpretation of how rain sounds to me]. I just try to avoid hearing it much as possible, and it makes sense why my implant tends to be off during rainy days haha. I know I should embrace the sound of rain, but I don't think that'll ever happen, unless of course, i happen to be driving, being with other hearing people or whatever.. it'll be on.
On another note, waking up at 6:30am, has been EPIC FAIL. I don't know how i'm going to wake up next week.. Let's just hope I can do it!! aaah.
-Linds
Omg, I always turn my implant off when I flush the toilet! I hate that sound haha... Also I hate the sound of the electric jug and frying onions. Ugh.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your camp :)
what do you mean by the electric jug, amanda?
ReplyDeletethanks!
-linds.
Oh sorry, I'm not sure what you call it there... a kettle?
ReplyDeleteIt's a jug that boils water... powered by electricity :)
Hope that makes sense hehe
ohh yeah the kettle i believe. i never use it. i hardly cook ever though :)
ReplyDeleteHi Lindsey! The name of the product is "Lok Sak." Their website is http://www.loksak.com/. The Saks are very inexpensive and work incredibly well. Hope you have fun camping and hiking!
ReplyDeleteWilliam's mother, Joshalyn
Hello Joshalyn!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for this information! I'll definitely look into it :)
-Lindsey.